The SHERPA consortium is pleased to announce that the first SHERPA project Workshop will take place in Sofia (Bulgaria) on the 22nd May 2012, from approximately 9h to 17h. The Workshop will be held at the Bulgarian Air Traffic Services Authority (BULATSA) premises located at Sofia airport. The goal of this Workshop is to provide initial guidance to all the attendees as part of the national Stakeholder teams involved in APV implementation activities in the following areas:
- EGNOS system
- PBN concept of operations
- Synergies between EGNOS and the PBN strategy
- Next steps for the introduction of EGNOS in the region´s states PBN strategy
- Cost benefit analysis upon implementation of EGNOS APV procedures
- Required dissemination activities in order to ensure an impact of the event in the aviation user community
In addition, the workshop must be considered as a key milestone of the project, as each of the national Stakeholder teams shall be presented during the States' conferences.
SHERPA is a collaborative project funded by the European Commission 7th Framework Programme through the European GNSS Agency (GSA), that proposes, aligned with ICAO and Eurocontrol recommendations, an approach in support to the implementation of APV procedures, by undertaking pre-operational actions at local Stakeholders level in a coordinated manner, and to map the implementation of EGNOS into the States PBN strategy.